Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
Pioneer Construction Inc. is looking for candidates interested in joining a dynamic team as a Construction Superintendent. Our ideal candidate will have strong ability in coordinating all activities on our projects. The Construction Superintendent at Pioneer is a Field position which requires directing and monitoring of a sub contractors and crews on the project.
In this role, you’ll work closely with project owner’s representatives, Pioneer Managers as well as your field team. You’ll get exposure to many parts of the construction industry which will set the stage for a terrific career at Pioneer.
Why choose Pioneer Construction?
- Industry leading Company
- Quality team atmosphere
- Diverse work environment
- Competitive wage and benefit package
- Room for growth
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote safety awareness and reinforce that safety is part of the job by setting an example of good safety behavior.
- Pursue a culture of safety that is best in class with an objective of “zero” safety incidents and actively engages with other staff to reinforce safe behaviors.
- Ensure Pioneer Construction’s Health & Safety Policy and Procedures are adhered to.
- Schedule construction projects and coordinate equipment, labour, trucking and subcontractors.
- Overall supervision of construction and management of daily onsite activity.
- Review contract drawings and plans to ensure specifications are followed, and work is being performed correctly.
- Maintain contract documentation, records and logs
- Attend project site meeting.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience in a supervisory role in the construction field.
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem- solving skills.
- Experience in MTO work an Asset.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, blueprints and scopes of work
- Highly organized while working in a fast paced ever changing environment
- Willing to work away from home.
- Class “G” driver’s license.
At Pioneer Construction Inc. we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Qualified applicants may submit their resume via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Person: 845 Old Goulais Bay Road, Sault Ste. Marie, ON