Barrick Gold Mine, Hemlo Ontario
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Temporary
PROJECT LOCATION & DESCRIPTION: Marathon, Ontario – Barrick Hemlo, Tailings Management Facility Perimeter Dam J Construction.
Required to work on-site during all seasons.
PROJECT LENGTH: Mid June – End of Nov. 2019 SCHEDULE: 10/4 RATE: Negotiable
EQUIPMENT SUPPLIED: Phone, Vehicle, Computer, Room and Board SHIFTS: 12 hrs.
As the Project Scheduler, your duties are to review the contract documents to develop a well-defined, realistic construction schedule in accordance with the contract documents and further detailing the sequence of all work to be performed. Applicants will be required to work with the construction team to refine and develop the master schedule in accordance with the contract documents and further detailing the sequence of all work to be performed; support development of the most effective tracking process and mechanisms to be utilized during the construction; analyze, trend and track project progress, track and document schedule impacts and assist with delay analysis; and communicate the reasons for schedule variances and propose workaround plans.
Planning – From the outset, it is the responsibility of the Project Scheduler to follow each phase of the project to essentially ensure that the project is completed on time.
Settling Benchmarks – An integral aspect of the ongoing monitoring of a project is setting benchmarks to monitor progress, this allows the project scheduler to identify whether the project is on target to finish on time. To become generally familiar with and to keep the ownership informed about the progress and quality of the portion of work completed. To determine in general if the work is being performed in a manner indicating that the work, when completed, will be in accordance with the contract documents and owners’ projects/plans.
- Ability to generate schedules and project construction timelines
- Ability to measure actual progress against projections and identify issues with meeting schedule
- Ability to read construction drawings and compare the information to work in place as construction progresses.
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Ability to submit monthly payment for work completed
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills – Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Civil 3D, and Microsoft Project.
- 3+ years of experience, preferably as a Project Scheduler
- A degree/diploma in engineering, construction management or a related field is preferred,
- Recent experience with construction projects and tailings dam construction is considered an asset
- A very good understanding of local construction methods, materials, techniques and costing.
- Capable of meeting the physical and mental requirements of the positon, including ability to carry out a significant amount of bending, stooping, stretching, lifting and carrying of equipment and supplies.