Greater Sudbury, Ontario
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
As a Quality Control Technician, you will be responsible for Quality Control of construction projects, primarily MTO contracts. You will be responsible for material sampling, quantity tracking and administration. QC Technicians much communicate with Quality Control Managers, Project Managers and Site Foremen and Superintendents. Quality Control Technicians require a board knowledge of construction activities.
- Setting up of quality control documentation and record keeping
- Ensure that Pioneer complies with all facets of Quality Control/Quality Assurance including structures, foundations, asphalt, concrete, grading, granular and electrical.
- Assemble comprehensive submission lists.
- Coordinating the sampling of material
- Analyzing technical reports
- Ensuring work procedures and specifications are followed
- Documenting and submitting non-conformance reports
- Participate in weekly look-ahead meetings
- Conducting soil compaction tests with a nuclear densometer gauge
- Ensuring timely delivery of all samples to the applicable laboratories
- Training of junior QC staff
- Work Conditions: Mixture of office and field, selected candidate must have flexibility in their schedule to travel to different locations for extended periods of time, must be physically fit, must have a valid drivers license, and must be prepared for exposure to all elements.
- 2 yeah college diploma in civil, construction or geotechnical engineering or related field preferred
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Must be capable of physical and mental requirements, including ability to carry out significant amount of bending, stopping, stretching, lifting and carrying of equipment and supplies.
- Full-time contract position, competitive wages, pension/benefits package included.
At Pioneer Construction Inc. we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.