Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
Pioneer Construction Inc is currently seeking a Scale House/Dispatch Operator for Full Time Seasonal position (typically March thru December) The Scale House Operator is responsible for day to day administration of the scale house. The Scale House Operator will manage in-bound and outbound traffic by conducting the reading of weights and inputting the necessary data accurately and efficiently into the necessary software programs. The Scale House Operator will support the Manager in identifying issues and designing and carrying out policies and procedures that support the Pit Operations.
- Scale House/Dispatch Operator
- Coordinate all activities for pit site operation scale house.
- Conduct readings of incoming and outgoing truck weights and enter data into various software programs.
- Administer and input data into the scaling system.
- Receive trucks and communicate needs with drivers and others onsite.
- Provide truck drivers with tickets and any other administration that is required for their records.
- Organize, code, and send tickets and information back to the accounting team.
- Maintain log of both inbound and outbound trucks.
- Process and prepare daily pick-up orders.
- Order and receive supplies as needed.
- Provide clear directions to truck drivers and other guests.
- Perform additional administration duties to support to daily operations including the preparation of various documents.
- All other duties as required.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Formal technical training that is relevant to the field would be an asset.
- Experience working on a site or in a pit would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of pit operations, aggregates and trucking would be considered an asset.
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organization, efficiency and multitasking skills, the ability to prioritize is key to this role.
- Flexible working schedule which may include overtime hours and weekends, coupled with dependable attendance.
Physical/Sensory Effort/Work Environment:
- Construction environment, can be difficult conditions, including various weather conditions, loud, and busy.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time at workstation.
- Overtime as required.
At Pioneer Construction Inc. we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
All applicants will be given consideration for the position. Position is available as of May 1st 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those requested for an interview will be contacted.
Qualified applicants may submit their resume via:
- Email: email@example.com
- In Person: 845 Old Goulais Bay Road, Sault Ste. Marie, ON