Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
Pioneer Construction is seeking loyal hard-working employees to join our dynamic team. Located in Sault Ste. Marie, ON, we are offering seasonal full-time positions for experienced Surveyors. We offer pension, benefits and competitive wages.
- Surveying for layout of MTO/Municipal/Commercial projects.
- Surveying to include collection of pre-existing site conditions to be used for quantity surveying and payment quantities
- Interpret and extrapolate survey data from construction and design drawings and use data to complete quantities and as-built drawings
- Assist with office work where required including obtaining all information required to help estimating with making informed scope of work decisions.
- Able to work at heights and lift weight of up to 50 pounds
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must be capable of working long hours as required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Travel away from Sault Ste. Marie will be required at times.
- A civil engineering or survey background is considered an asset
- 2+ years of experience in field surveying or data collection
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Have an in-depth knowledge of field surveying including construction layouts predominantly for civil construction
- Proficient knowledge of survey theory, GPS technology and specifically RTK and Total Station equipment
- Practical knowledge of Trimble Business Centre, AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Lesser qualified candidates will be considered
At Pioneer Construction Inc. we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
All applicants will be given consideration for the position. Position is available as of May 1st 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those requested for an interview will be contacted.
Qualified applicants may submit their resume via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Person: 845 Old Goulais Bay Road, Sault Ste. Marie, ON