Head Office (Sudbury),
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
Why Pioneer Construction?
Located in Sudbury Ontario, we are offering seasonal full-time positions for surveyors. We offer pension, benefits and competitive wages.
- Surveying for layout of MTO/Municipal/Commercial projects
- Surveying to include collections of pre-existing site conditions to be used for quantity surveying and payment quantities
- Interpret and extrapolate survey data from construction and design drawings and use data to complete quantities and as-built drawings
- Assist with office work where required including obtaining all information required to help estimating with making informed scope of work decisions
- Able to work at heights, work outdoors in all weather conditions and lift weight of up to 50 lbs
- Must be capable of working long hours as required (Travel away from SSM will be required at times)
- Must have a valid G Drivers License
- A Civil Engineering or surveying background is considered an asset
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Have an in-depth knowledge for field surveying including construction layouts predominantly for civil construction
- Proficient knowledge of survey theory, GPS technology and specifically RTK and Total Station Equipment
- Practical knowledge of Trimble Business Centre, AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Lesser qualified candidates will be considered
At Pioneer Construction Inc. we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnicity or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. All applications will be given consideration for the position. Position is available as of May 4, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those requested for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Sudbury, Ontario