No activity at Pioneer Construction Inc. is more important than ensuring that practical and effective measures are in place to protect the health and safety of our employees, customers, contractors and those who live in the areas surrounding our operations. Every worker has the right to work in a safe and healthy workplace, and Pioneer is committed to preventing occupational illness and injury in the workplace. In implementing this policy Pioneer not only complies with relevant legislation but also encourages other initiatives for protecting the health, safety and environment of those affected by its activity.
Pioneer recognizes the importance of the active involvement and commitment of senior management together with the respective safety committees and the responsibility of each and every employee in the application of this policy. Managers, supervisors and employees at all levels are held accountable for their performance with respect to health, safety and environmental standards. It is our belief that all accidents are preventable.
All management functions, including business, line and associated management, will comply with Pioneer safety requirements as they apply to the design, operation and maintenance of facilities and equipment. All employees will perform their jobs properly in accordance with our established procedures and operating philosophy.
- H.T. Routly Memorial Safety Award
- 2015 Routly Safety Award Category II – member company that has worked the greatest number of consecutive employee hours without a lost-time injury, more than 100,000 average annual employee hours.
- 2014 Routly Safety Award Category II – member company that has worked the greatest number of consecutive employee hours without a lost-time injury, more than 100,000 average annual employee hours.
- 2014 Milestone Award, One Million – member company reaching five hundred thousand and one million consecutive employee hours without a lost-time injury – Pioneer Construction had 1,999,484 employee hours
- 2007 Milestone Award – member company reaching 500,000 consecutive employee hours without a lost-time injury to December 31, 2005) – Pioneer Construction had 586,888 employee hours